Sunday, September 19, 2010

Front Porch Inspiration

I spent part of my day looking for inspiration for our front porch. It's got so much potential, but it's plain. As plain as it was the day that we moved in...3 years ago. It's time for a more welcoming look.

Since Fall is just around the corner, I thought I would go that route. Here are a couple that I found.

I found this one by Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick. I love how it's simple, traditional, and welcoming. Mums will be on my list of things to add to my porch this Fall!

And this one by Barb at Grits and Glamour. Oh my goodness!!! Can't you just picture yourself sitting in one of those comfy chairs, chatting with your spouse, on a crisp Fall morning...apple cider in your hand!?? Ok...furniture has been added to my list as well!! I'm loving the painted doors, but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it yet. I really do love my wood doors. Alright, here it is...my PLAIN, boring porch in DESPERATE need of a makeover.

I told you it has potential. It just needs a little sprucing up. There is plenty of room on both sides for furniture. It's protected from the elements (with the exception of the Kansas wind that can find it's way ANYWHERE!!). It needs some color. I want it to be inviting. Something that brings a SMILE to your face when you drive by. Any ideas!?
So, today I began the transformation. One small word that says alot.
"WELCOME"
If you haven't already, be sure to enter our giveaway!! The deadline is Wed, Sept 22nd and the winners will be announced on Thurs, Sept 23rd. Spread the word...prizes can be shipped to those of you in far off places!!! :)

1 comment: