Thursday, June 18, 2009

Goodwill Party

Sarah over at Thrifty Decor Chick had a post recently about a Goodwill Party. Since "refurbishing" has caught my attention recently, I decided to join in!! Last Saturday was our city wide garage sale, so I headed out early to find my "masterpiece". I came across this tissue box. It was heavy duty, not a cheap plastic. It had a pattern that I liked. It had potential. So I figured it was worth the risk at the 50 CENT asking price!!!



I started off by spray painting it black.



BUT, it need something more. I dipped the END of a small paintbrush in some white paint.

And then added some white dots and dashes.




Here she is in all her glory!! I loved the way it turned out and can't wait to put it in my new craft room. Still debating whether to use it as a Kleenex holder or flip it upside down and stick a plant or topiary in it! I'll let you know what I decide!!



1 comment: