Friday, May 1, 2009

REPURPOSING

I have been hearing a lot about "repurposing" lately and thought I'd give it a try! For those of you that DON'T know what that means, it's simply taking an object and using it for something other than its original use. I have had this wood bulletin board since I got married 11 years ago...it has been hanging on the wall, not being used. It didn't really go with our decor anymore and I didn't really have a "purpose" for it. HOWEVER, I decided it was a great piece for my first "repurposing" project. Keep reading to find out what the final outcome was!



Most "repurposing" projects seem to involve some type of paint. I started off with a little black spray paint...it need 2 coats.



I then spray painted the brass hardware (hooks) with a nice shiny silver. I found some clothes pins and spray painted them silver as well. I know the suspence is killing you, isn't it!!??



I took some E6000 adhesive to glue the clothes pins to the old corkboard/bulletin board part. Then found some fun glittery chipboard letters and stuck them on above the pins. This is my new handy dandy "lost socks" holder hanging up in my laundry room!! FUN, isn't it!!??

I think I'm addicted!! Garage Sales and Thrift Stores, here I come!!

2 comments: