Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hamburger Soup

Since my last post had so many pictures, I'll overcompensate by having NONE in this one! :) I got this recipe from a friend and made if for the first time tonight...it was a HIT! I love having soup when the weather turns cold. What is your favorite soup? Feel free to share a link to the recipe! Hint, hint.

HAMBURGER SOUP
Ingredients:
2 cans cream of potato soup
1 pound of ground beef (I used 2 lbs on accident...it worked too)
1 pound bacon
4 cups milk
1 cup sliced/shredded carrots
1 cup sliced celery
onion (I used 1/2 and onion because I have little ones that complain if they can SEE or SMELL them in their food!!)
salt and pepper to taste


Brown hamburger meat with chopped onion...drain. Fry bacon...crumble. Mix all remaining ingredients together in crockpot. Add hamburger/onion mixture and bacon pieces. Cook on low for the day or high if you wait till the last minute like me!! Really, you're just waiting for it to heat up and the veggies to soften!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shannon -- The soup sounds really wonderful. We'll probably be trying that. Here's a soup I posted almost a year ago. It's one of our faves (except it's still a bit spicy for Luke -- perhaps your kids will like it).

    http://marcandsarah.blogspot.com/2009/12/navajo-soup.html

    ReplyDelete