Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Play dough Recipe

Kids successfully off to a new school year. My older two started school yesterday and my "baby" started Kindergarten today. The afternoon was quiet. Really quiet. It's weird. Really weird. BUT I think I can get used to it!
The Kindergartner brought home a recipe for playdough that they made at school today. We made it together after school. Quick and easy. My kind of recipe. All 3 kids are playing with it at the table. No fighting. Enjoying time together. Making memories together. You should make some.

Play dough Recipe

1 cup flour

1/2 cup salt

2 tsp cream of tarter

2 Tbsp oil

1 cup water and 4 -6 drops of food coloring

Mix all ingredients together in a skillet over low heat. Stir until mixture thickens. Cool and knead. Sculpt and have fun.

We have "Playdough Placemats" at home. They're great. Have the kids draw or paint a picture. Cover it in contact paper (after the paint dries if you painted...I know, you know, but I'm telling you just in case you didn't), front and back. Set it on the table and have the kids keep the playdough on the mat. Doesn't stick while they are playing and it's easy cleanup!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment