Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sports Medal Holders

I found these beauties at a garage sale...


I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do with them when I bought them. The man collecting the money turned to my kids and said, "Do one of you like teddy bears!?" I held my breath (not having the heart to tell him that I was going to paint right over those little bears), when my 10-year old daughter politely said, "I do." I love her.


After a coat of paint, I realized it might have been best to prime first (I did with the second one).  Thank goodness chalkboard paint is black...it covered those teddy bears right up.  Tada!


My son now has a place to display his sports medals AND a chalkboard for important messages.  I love the quote that's on it now, but I also like that we can change it to fit the latest stage in his life (or simply say GOOD LUCK on game day!). 


I made the other one for my daughter's room. It is still in need of a good quote. Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment